Friday, February 03, 2006

Blue Like Jazz - Notes from the chapter "Problems"

We know 'something' about us is broken.
 
We need police to keep the order. Cops in our society is part of check and balances. We break a law and we pay the price. Countries where the police are corrupt are chaotic. Countries where there are no checks and balances have warring tribes, genocide, rapes, murders in huge numbers. 
 
Do you really think you are above these things?
 
Why does a child need to be taught right from wrong? If two children are brought up, one without instruction and one with, which child will be better. What would happen if that child that is taught right from wrong has checks and balances removed? Why does it take no effort to be bad, but most time, a lot of effort to be good?

-----------------------
   
Satan weapon is not to entice us into sin, but to waste time, removing/neutralizing time to tell others of Christ.
 
-------------------
Ultimately, the problem with the world is me.
 
I cannot solve the worlds problems because the problem starts with me. I can rage against materialism, social and industrial actions of the United States, but I have no control over my own heart. I am a hypocrite




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home